Learn how to link Aadhard Card to Digilocker in this post.
Digilocker is one of the most useful things made for Indian Citizens. It’s super convenient and easy to use, plus it’s very handy and useful. It is a cloud based platform which enables secure storage, verification and sharing of certificates and documents.
Benefits of Digilocker
Using a Digilocker is extremely convenient and offers to lot of benefits to the user:
• User can easily share the documents with anyone he wants. It is time saving and simple to use.
• The user can sign the documents or “eSign” them, which is similar to self attestation.
• The documents stored in the Digilocker can be easily accessed anytime.
• The administrative overhead of the government departments is reduced.
• The authenticity of the documents shared using Digilocker is high because only registered users can issue them.
• You get lots of storage space for the important documents.
• Theft of documents or identity is reduced to great extent when using Digilocker.
Now that you know there are several benefits of using Digilocker, you must Link your Aadhar card with it to avail various benefits.
Steps to link Aadhar card with Digilocker
• Visit the official website of Digilocker https://digitallocker.gov.in/public/register
• Sign up to create an account by providing the necessary details.
• Next, you will be asked to enter your Aadhar number.
• An OTP will be generated which will be sent on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the given box and verify your account.
• Once you have done the above steps, your Aadhar card will be linked and stored in your Digital locker account.
You can access the Aadhar card and other documents anytime you want by signing in on the Digilocker website.
What can you store in the Digital Locker?
There is ample space on Digilocker and this makes it even more convenient. Everyone who creates an account with Digilocker is allocated 1GB cloud storage space.
The Digilocker of a person is divided into several sections which include:
• Directories: Shows the complete list of the names of requesters and issuers which are relevant to the account holder.
• My Profile: Displays the users profile as shown on the UIDAI database.
• My Certificates: Includes digital documents which are personally added by the user along with other documents which are issued to the individual by any government department.
• My Issuer: Shows the number of documents and names of issuers.
• My Requester: It displays name of requesters along with the number of documents which have been requested.
Any individual can create an account on Digilocker and avail the benefit of storing important documents. This is very convenient because you no longer have to carry the documents. You can simply sign into your account and access or share the documents anytime you want.
Digilocker is an essential step of government towards eradicating the need of carrying paper documents. The chance of identity theft, fraud and misuse of documents has reduced to a large extent because OF Digilockers.
Hi, my name is Asif and last year I spend a lot of time checking various sources about Aadhar Card. It was kind of hard and sometimes even confusing to find what I needed so I decided to create this blog so anyone can easily find information about this helpful ID card.