If you are searching ways to check Aadhar card update status you have come to the right place, as this article will guide you in get to know Aadhar card status.
You may have enrolled for Adhaar card and now you wish to check if it’s generated or not. Or you may have updated some personal details and wish to check if your Aadhaar card is corrected. You can do this in three ways:
1) Visiting Aadhar card centre
2) Checking Online Portal
3) By Post
1. How to check Aadhar card status by visiting nearby Aadhar card centre?
Simply visit any nearby Aadhaar card centre and the official will help you. All you need to do is tell them that you wish to know the Aadhar card update status, and leave the rest on them. If you do not know any Aadhar card centre nearby, simply click this link https://uidaiaadhaarcard.com/locations/index.html
and find the nearest centre.
This method is easy for those who do not know how to use the online portal for updating or checking Adhaar card status. If you have the centre nearby, this method will be more convenient for you.
2. How to check Aadhar card update status using the uidai online portal?
You can check two things using the online portal and we have shared the process in easy steps:
a. Status of whether Aadhar card is generated or not
• Click on the link to visit the portal https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
• Enter your Enrollment ID along with date and time in the next column.
• Enter the security code as displayed in the box and click on “Check Status”.
• As the next page is displayed, you can see whether the Aadhaar card is generated or not.
b. Check the status of update in your Adhaar card
• If you have requested some changes or corrections in your Adhaar card, you must click this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
• Enter your Aadhar card number along with the Unique Request Number (URN)
• Enter the verification text as shown in the box and click on “Get Status”.
• Now, on the next page, you can check you’re Aadhaar status easily.
By following these easy steps, you can check the Adhaar card status using the online portal without even visiting the centre.
Few things to know before using the online portal
Checking status using acknowledgement slip
An acknowledgement slip is provided to every individual during verification appointment at the enrollment centre. It has unique 14 digit number along with the date & time of the enrollment . You will require these details when you use the online portal to know about the Aadhar card status.
You can sign up on the official UIDAI website here https://uidai.gov.in/ and enter you 14 digit number. Simply click the “Check your Status” tab and you will easily get the updates.
Checking status without acknowledgment slip: What to do if you lost the slip?
In case you lost your slip, do not worry because you can check the status without it. You can recover the 14 digit enrolment number which is provided on the acknowledgement slip. All you have to do is fill the form with complete details on the website and recover the 14 digit number.
The Indian Government has ensured that citizens do not face troubles while updating or correcting the Adhaar card and this is why several methods are available for the people to check their Aadhar card status.
3. How to check Aadhar card status by post?
If you have applied for demographic data update (change in name, address, mobile or email), then you can check the Aadhar card status by name or other details using the postal method.
First, you have to download the update/correction form and fill it properly before sending it the UIDAI address. Click here to download the form easily from UIDAI portal https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
The form will appear once you click the above link. You can send the form on this address:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India
Hi, my name is Asif and last year I spend a lot of time checking various sources about Aadhar Card. It was kind of hard and sometimes even confusing to find what I needed so I decided to create this blog so anyone can easily find information about this helpful ID card.