If you want to know about how to apply for Aadhar card, this article will be very beneficial for you. We will guide you and give you tips that will help you in getting your Adhaar card easily.
Many people think that the process for Aadhar application is long and complicated. But it is not true because the Indian government has ensured that citizens can get the card issued very easily.
We will give clear and easy to follow steps for getting the Aadhar card. You may have several questions in your mind regarding how to apply for aadhar card and we assure that you will find all the answers here.
We will clarify the following questions for you:
- What documents are required for Aadhar card?
- Can you apply for it online?
- What happens in the application process?
- What is the verification process?
Let’s take a look at the answers to the above questions one by one.
What documents are required for Aadhar card?
To prove your identity, you can choose to submit certain documents. Click here to view the list of all the accepted documents https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf
Plenty of documents are required, as you saw in the list. But the great thing is that you don’t require all of these. The option of so many documents is given to the Indian citizens so that they can enroll and apply for Aadhar card easily.
The following documents are the ones which are generally submitted by the citizens:
- Proof of Identity: PAN card, Government ID cards
- Proof of address: telephone bills, utility bills
- For identity and address (collective proof) Ration card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License.
What should you do if you don’t have these proofs?
Even if you don’t have such proofs of identity and address, you can still enroll for Aadhar card. You can get the certificate of identity/address with your photo which is issued by a Tehsildar, Gazetted officer, MLA or MP.
In case you belong to a rural area, you can get the proof of address which is validated by the Village panchayat head or some other equivalent authority of that area.
If you do not have any documents available at the time of enrollment, you can take help from Introducers. They are notified by Registrar and they are available at the enrollment centre for the ease of people.
Can you apply for it online?
One can easily apply on the online portal of UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India. However, the complete application process cannot be done using the portal. This is because you have to complete certain parts of the application in person (biometric updates).
If you are wondering how to apply for Aadhar card using the online portal, the following steps can be followed:
- Click on the link to visit the official UIDAI site: https://uidai.gov.in/
- Here, you can read the complete process and get all the information regarding the documents that you will require.
- Next, you should book an appointment at the Aadhar card centre which is near you.
Once you take an appointment, you must visit the Aadhar card centre and complete the enrollment process. For this you will have to submit the documents and give biometrics (fingerprints and retina scan)
The online portal can also be used for checking the update status of your card. You can also correct the mistakes in your Aadhar card using the online portal.
Why you have to book an appointment?
If this question comes to your mind, then you will find its answer here. Aadhar card is one of the most unique identity proofs in India. To keep the frauds and identity misuse at bay, the Indian government requires every citizen to share his biometric details when he or she enrolls for the Aadhaar card. This is why you have to book an appointment and visit the Aadhar card enrolemnt centre to provide your biometric details.
How to apply for Aadhar card?
This section will show you what happens during the application process. You will also know how to apply for Aadhar card through the following steps:
- First, you need to find the nearest enrollment centre. You can easily find it here https://aadharcarduid.com/aadhaar-card-center
- After you find the centre, you have to book the appointment online. However, you can visit the centre even without having an appointment.
- Now, you must arrange all the supporting documents- 1 identity proof, 1 address proof and 1 proof of date of birth.
- Once you visit the Aadhar card centre, you have to fill enrolment form. You can get this form directly at the centre or you can download it and fill it before visiting the enrolment centre. You can download the enrollment form here https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf
- Fill the form completely and submit it along with the supporting documents.
- Now you have to submit the biometric proofs- fingerprint, retina scan and photograph.
- After you provide all the above details and proofs, an acknowledgement slip will be provided to you.
This slip has the unique 14 digit enrollment number that will help you in checking the Aadhar card update status.
What is the verification process?
For verification, you must take the required documents. When you visit the Aadhar card centre, your photograph, fingerprints and retina scan will be taken.
Once this is done, you will be issued with the acknowledgment slip which has the enrollment number. You can use this unique enrollment number to check the status of your application online.
You should keep the acknowledgment slip safely as it can be useful for checking Aadhar card status. Once the verification of documents is done by UIDAI, you will receive your Aadhar card via post.
Data collected at the enrolment centre is verified centrally and after the successful verification, you will receive your card through post. The verification process can take from 1 to 3 months and during this time period of 90 days; you can expect to get your Aadhar card through post.
Hi, my name is Asif and last year I spend a lot of time checking various sources about Aadhar Card. It was kind of hard and sometimes even confusing to find what I needed so I decided to create this blog so anyone can easily find information about this helpful ID card.