It may become essential for you to have an Aadhar card update when you personal circumstances change. Whether you want to correct or update your personal details, this article will guide you with clear, easy to follow steps.
Many times aadhar card correction becomes necessary to have correct data on your Aadhaar card. There can be several reasons which may trigger you to update or correct your Adhar card and some of these include:
- Change in name after marriage
- Change in email address or mobile number
- Change of address
You may think that updating or correcting your Aadhar card is a difficult process but authorities have ensured that it can be done without any trouble.
Updates to the Adhaar card can be done in two ways- Online or by Post. You can use the online method if you are using the same mobile number which is registered to your Aadhar number. But if you have changed your mobile number and are no longer using it, then you must get the correction done by postal system.
You can easily do Aadhar card update by using any one of the following methods:
- Update aadhar card online
- Aadhar card correction by visiting nearby enrollment centre
- Updating via Postal system
1. How to make Aadhar Card correction online?
Updating your Aadhar card by name is easy and it can be done online. It’s really simple to update your information online and these steps will guide you in doing so:
- Click on the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update and enter your Aadhar card number.
- Enter the text and click on send OTP.
- Enter the OTP which you have received on your registered mobile number and click on Login.
- Now the Data Update Request page will open where you can select the fields which you want to correct or update.
- Select Address and click on submit to make the address change.
- Fill all the address details in the correction form and click on Submit Update Request.
- On the next page, select the document which you will upload from the drop down menu.
- Scan and upload the valid document and click on submit.
- The BPO Service Provider Selection page will open where you must select the available service provider and proceed.
- Estimated time for update or correction will be shown on the screen at this stage.
- Update Request Number or URN will be issues now which will help you in tracking the status of your request.
Using these steps you can make Aadhar card address change without any issues. But in case you do not use your registered mobile number anymore, you must follow the next method to update or correct your information.
2. Aadhaar card correction by visiting nearby enrollment centre
In case you wish to update your data or correct it, you can visit your nearest enrollment centre. Using this method you can easily update your:
- Demographics: Name, Date of birth, address, gender, email and mobile.
- Biometrics: Photograph, finger print and Iris.
All you have to do is carry your original documents which will be used for scanning. Using this method you can change the personal details and also make the necessary aadhar card address change.
3. How to use postal method for aadhar card update?
When you use postal method, you have to download the correction form. Next, you must mark the fields which have to be corrected and fill the form in English or local language. Make sure that you use same local language which was used in enrollment form or appears on your Aadhaar letter.
The form must be sent to UIDAI along with self-attested copies of valid documents. You must mark the envelope as “Aadhar card correction/update” on the top before posting it.
Choose any of these three methods for aadhar card update and get your data corrected or updated through UIDAI.
Hi, my name is Asif and last year I spend a lot of time checking various sources about Aadhar Card. It was kind of hard and sometimes even confusing to find what I needed so I decided to create this blog so anyone can easily find information about this helpful ID card.